Membership is Spacecrafts is currently closed as we have a full roster of authors. Please check back at a future date as membership changes and positions may open up.
- If you are interested in honing your writing and critiquing skills . . .
- if you want your works of fiction to be the best they can possibly be . . .
- If you are willing to submit your work to a rigorous critiquing process . . .
- If you are willing to invest the same time and energy on other members’ stories that you wish them to spend on yours . . .
Then consider joining SpaceCrafts by following the procedure outlined below.
Submissions for membership should have the standard short story format, which includes the following:
- Page numbers upper right
- Author’s legal name and contact information upper left
- Title by (your pen name) and (number of words) center
- Standard 1-inch margins
- Double spaced.
If you are confused by this formatting, check out the resources and more detailed guidelines at:
Science Fiction& Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA.org)
- Manuscript format by Chuck Rothman
- Word count by Chuck Rothman
- The Obligatory Manuscript Format Article by John Gregory Betancourt
- FAQ for Beginning Writers
- Information Center
Manuscripts should be not be rough draft. Make them as close to submission-ready as possible. Check spelling, remove typos, ensure that grammar and punctuation are correct. Spacecrafts is a writing group, not an English class: you need to master the tools of the craft before submitting a piece for admission.